Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey..... i have a problem with my phone to use wifi ...first no WiFi appears to be in range and i just discovered that it only connects to wifi when im next to the router....the question is how can i get it to connect without being next to the router??

WHATS WRONG? OR HOW CAN I CONNECT MY PHONE TO WIFI WITHOUT IT BEING NEXT TO THE ROUTER ALL THE TIME?

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 3:08 PM

4 replies

Jul 17, 2013 3:19 PM in response to ivlic

Then it's likely that you have a hardware issue on your hands. Follow the three r's:

1. Restart: Turn it off and then on again

2. Reset: Hold down the home and power button until the apple logo appears

3. Restore: Connect the device to iTunes and restore it as new. Test the issue and see if it persists.

Don't forget to back up before you restore, so you can keep your data.

If the three r's don't work to solve your issue, you will need to get your phone repaired. To do this, you can go into the apple store or call 1-800-275-2273.

Hey..... i have a problem with my phone to use wifi ...first no WiFi appears to be in range and i just discovered that it only connects to wifi when im next to the router....the question is how can i get it to connect without being next to the router??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.