Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Bootable Drive Found, I HAVE UNIQUE SITUATION

Hello everyone, I would really appreciate some help!

I have a MacBook Pro and I've been trying to download Window 7 on it. Basically, I finally got a bootable flashdrive with Windows 7 on it. I have two actually. One made by Bootcamp, (Someone on youtube showed that altering info.plist on Bootcamp makes Bootcamp format ISO on USB) and one made by a Microsoft program from a different computer WITH windows 7 on it. Now, after formatting however, and after the disk partitions itself, the computer restarts and it says No Bootable Drive Found, Insert Bootable Drive and press any key, or something like that. I RESTARTED WHILE PRESSING ALT-OPTION and the only two things coming up are the Mac OS X , and the recovery. Now, the person with the video has the same model computer as mine and it worked for him, SO PLEASE Don't comment by saying it's impossible. Does someone know the problem? I'm sure the USB is bootable.

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 9:37 PM

4 replies

Jul 18, 2013 7:27 AM in response to iTheoGamer

iTheoGamer wrote:

I have the exact same problem!When i alt click there is only Recovery disk and Mac Os x.The system cant detect the usb or ?Please help us.

How do you know you have the "exact same problem"? The original poster did not tell us his model and year Macbook Pro, neither did you. So you may or may not have the same problem. If your Macbook Pro came with an internal optical drive, you must use that to install Windows. Until you know for sure that you have the "exact same problem", start your own thread and provide more details.

No Bootable Drive Found, I HAVE UNIQUE SITUATION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.