Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X circling around downloading basic content

Apple - major bug here!!!

Running Logic Pro 9 on 64 bit Mac.

Downloaded Logic Pro X.

It spent 2 hours downloading basic content, says it's installed.

But when I click on the App, it starts downloading basic content again!!!

What gives???

Not good enough!!!

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 64 bit mac

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 1:33 AM

21 replies

Jul 18, 2013 1:59 AM in response to djamie28

I think the first download is just the app from the app store.

Once that is run for the first time it then downloads additional (basic) content (some of the samples and sounds that are used by different instruments and samplers)

Even then there is only a small amount of the total content available downloaded. To check what's been downloaded you can go to 'Logic Pro X', 'Download Additional Content' to see what you have and what you might want.

Jul 18, 2013 2:35 AM in response to djamie28

I think it should download in one go, but it's pretty big. I think the minimum downloaded content is 5GB to start with so that could take a while.

Then there is another 35GB of 'optional content'. Some of this will start downloading automatically if you don't have it when you select something that needs it in Logic Pro X, such as a different drummer in the new Drummer track.

Jul 18, 2013 9:07 AM in response to SmokenSound

That's strange. In the second screenshot, Drummer isn't even loading before the message comes up.

Even before I'd downloaded any 'Additional Content' the 'Drummer' opened with once basic 'Drummer' to choose from before it tried to download more?

It sounds like it's missing the basic Drummer instrument which should have installed before the app opened the first time.

Do you have a 'Drummer' folder in the /Volumes/<systemdrivename>/Library/Application Support/Logic folder? with a couple of files and a 'presets' folder in?

Jul 18, 2013 9:19 AM in response to alanlom

Yep, its right there. After i click on 'download' Drummer opens, but instead of kit it plays some basic synth. And yes, its not trying to download drum kits, when i click on download its downloading 'Essential Sounds and Instruments for Logic' again and again, and only if i change to anothe kit, then it wants to download that too ! Ive downloaded 30Gb's of this sht for like 3 times today !!! )

BTW - Ive repaired permissions, reindex whole system disk and installed all packages manually from 'Safe Mode')

Macbook pro 15' 2011 - i7 2.2 16Gig ram, 512+256 SSD.

Jul 18, 2013 9:25 AM in response to SmokenSound

Sounds like somethings gone wrong with the basic content installation.

It might be an idea to get in touch with the Apple Logic Support team and ask them how to do a complete re-install of the minimum installation to make sure it's all there.

If you did that, you wouldn't have to download any of the 'Additional Content' to check the drummer as it starts up with a Drummer 'guy' already there. Any change to that would then trigger the Additional Content to start downloading (this would save having to download 30gb each time to test)

Logic X circling around downloading basic content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.