Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Library on Time Machine

Hi all,

I'm trying to recuperate deleted mail from my external disck using the Time Machine. However, the user library on my Imac running version 10.7.5 is hidden.

I use the " chflags nohidden " comand in the termial to unhide the library and can see my mail folder today. But when I try to see my mail folder from last month on the Time Machines it is hidden again. How can I use the terminal to unhide my libraray/mail/V2 while in Time Machine mode ?

Appreciate your help, I'm stuck and need my deleted mails.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 2:45 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Have you tried to open ~/Library/Mail/V2 in a Finder window, and then, open the Time Machine application?

Open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Mail/V2. Then, with that window opened, open Time Machine (in /Applications/Utilities) and it will give you access to these folders even if they are hidden because they are in the backup. Make sure Mail is closed when you do it

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2013 2:45 AM in response to 47ba

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Have you tried to open ~/Library/Mail/V2 in a Finder window, and then, open the Time Machine application?

Open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Mail/V2. Then, with that window opened, open Time Machine (in /Applications/Utilities) and it will give you access to these folders even if they are hidden because they are in the backup. Make sure Mail is closed when you do it

Hidden Library on Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.