Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to v.3.4.5 adjustment brushes no longer work? Please help??

Hi Guys,

I have just updated to Aperture 3.4.5.

Annoyingly the adjustment brushes and sliders such as "straighten" no longer work. They are added to my adjustments panel when I select them from the drop-down menu, but are accompanied by the sound of the dreaded apple beep (suggesting something is wrong) and do not change the cursor into the appropriate tool, thus preventing me from carrying out these particular adjustments.

If someone has any solutions for this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 3:44 AM

10 replies

Jul 18, 2013 4:41 AM in response to Showglow Pix

Tested under a new library and a new user and the problem still persists??

Then reinstall Aperture. What version did you update from?

It can be, that the download was incomplete and did not install correctly. Do you have any plug-ins installed, that may not be compatible with Aperture 3.4.5?

BTW, are your original image files raw? Are your Aperture libraries on the system drive or on an external drive?

Jul 20, 2013 5:55 AM in response to Showglow Pix

Test again in a different user account with a small test library. Does it still not work for a different user after reinstalling?

And test in your regular account with a small test library.

is it possibly something to do with an incombatiability between the new update and a plug-in?

Which plug-ins are you using? Are they all compatible with Aperture 3.4 and Lion?

Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

Jul 20, 2013 2:46 PM in response to léonie

I'm using VCO Film 01 & 02, Kubota Actions (used only in PS) & Nik Efex.

I've tested in a new library and it still continues.

The plug-ins by the way all work fine. It's solely any adjustment brushes, the straighten tool, crop tool and patch tool. Any color or exposure adjustments which I add work fine.

It seems any adjustments which affect only a portion of the image or affect the images size dimensions are being prevented from working. Remembering that whenever I select one of these unusable adjustments it is accompanied by the "funk (beep)" apple sound for an error.

Please help. I'm currently having to perform the above adjustments through Photoshop but it's such a time suck!

Since updating to v.3.4.5 adjustment brushes no longer work? Please help??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.