Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JAVA issues with OSX 10.8.4 and Safari 6.0.5

I am using a renderfarm called renderflow.com which requires JAVA to download finished images.

I maintain my mac with all current updates as above and JAVA 7 Update 25 from oracle

When I try to use the buton on the site that launches what I assume is a JAVA applet which has the download UI, nothing happens any more.

I had a problem before, but this seemed to be fixed when I uninstalled Oracle JAVA and it worked fine previously on earlier versions of Safari and with Apple JAVA before they discontinued it.

I used it for a while with Firefox and this now appears to have stopped working too.

I have turned on the (or not turned off) the enable JAVA in Safari preferences and cleared out all the temporary internet files in the JAVA settings, security settings are at default and also the site I want to use is identified as a trusted certificate.

Can you help as I am having to use a Windows machine to download any images from the site.

David

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 4:11 AM

13 replies

Aug 10, 2013 9:45 PM in response to d9dave

I am having a similar issue, except mine is with a military site. The military sites use java althroughout for downloading files/image. The problem is that it never gives me the notice to enable java for these sites.
I would like to have the ability to manually tell safari to allow java on a particular site so this isn't an issue.

This would solve my issue and allow a way to activate java on sites that don't give you the option to allow it.

Aug 24, 2013 5:59 AM in response to d9dave

The Java applet is in System Preferences, inthe Security Tab enable the browser.

Then in Safari/Preferences/Security Tab enable Java (internet-plugins), then click the button "Manage Website Settings" and enable the sites you want, then click "done".

(PM: the javascript should be enabled always, that's an other thing alltogether).

JAVA issues with OSX 10.8.4 and Safari 6.0.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.