Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay icon missing

Trying to find out how to get the airplay icon on an ipad 4. Tried all the suggestions like click home and scroll to the right, changing language and back, nothing seems to work.

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 7:05 AM

14 replies

Oct 27, 2013 1:38 AM in response to Alaskagolfbum

As swiftymotor also said, I found it by accident too on ipad 3 after a software update, before the update I only had to double click the home button to bring up the control menu.

In landscape mode, use any finger and starting from the outside margin/border of your ipad, anywhere along its length, just roll your finger in upwards direction to reveal the control menu - the icon for airplay will obviously only show once you have other devices to connect to , ie ATV etc

Sorry if above seems to be spelt out for a child but some of us, including me who is new to

Apple products, need instructions to follow easily !

Sep 7, 2014 6:28 AM in response to Alaskagolfbum

Another useful thing to do is check that "wireless isolation" is switched OFF on the wireless router. Otherwise the devices will not talk to each other even when connected on the same network. Log into your router via its IP address eg 192.168.0.1 etc. Ensure wireless isolation is OFF in the wireless settings menu.

My Airplay returned!

Airplay icon missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.