Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto crashing and more...

Running iPhoto 11, version 9.4.3 on a MacBook Pro 10.8.4.

The problem started with iPhoto when I scanned some old photos (1940's-1960's) and imported them into iPhoto. Some photos say that they can't be edited because the original format is not supported. If I can get that far, it usually quits unexpectedly after I tried to edit. It became a major problem when it wouldn't let me do anything...10 seconds after iPhoto started it quit. Everytime. It tried to repair itself numberous times, but I finally rebuild the library by clicking command+option and started it from there. Now it will stay working as long as I don't try to edit those photos that come up with the exclamation point/triangle before the image pops up. But I still need to edit those photos. Should I delete all of those photos and rescan them? Or is there a way to find the original format and get that fixed so I can edit again? I imported about 600 images, but only about 200 have the problem I'm mentioning.

I appreciate any and all help. I'm seeing my family in early August and would really like to get these photos in slideshow. Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 7:05 AM

4 replies

Jul 18, 2013 7:38 AM in response to rodabbott

I just remembered that I did use an old (10+ years) Epson Stylus CX7800 to scan some pictures, but it was going so slow I bought the CanoScan LIDE 110 which is much faster. You asking me what format and me trying to find it on iPhoto made me look in the upper right corner for that information when I click on the "Info". I can tell which ones were scanned by the Epson and which by the CanoScan. It looks like the Epson ones are the problem images I can't edit and cause iPhoto to crash. It seems logical that if I delete those and rescan them on the CanoScan that it would solve the problem. Does that sound right?

Iphoto crashing and more...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.