Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have spent the past few days attempting to fix my sign in info for apple, and cloud. need clarifications between the two?

I am confused ref: apple i.d. and icloud i.d. Are they one and the same or two separate entities? Recently having issue with email and during the process of clearing that up, I was prompted for my icloud i.d./p.w. Not having one, I entered new i.d/p.w. Then, apple i.d./p.w. was challenged. I have now added a email address for icloud, already having one for apple. Help???

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), clarification apple i.d. icloud i.d

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 8:28 AM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2013 8:40 AM in response to woot8

Your iCloud login is an Apple ID. You might possiblly have more than one. You normally set up iCloud by obtaining an Apple ID (or using one you already have, like the one you use to sign in here) and then entering that in System Preferences>iCloud: when you check 'Mail' in the list you will be asked to create an @icloud.com address (which is not your Apple ID).

You can choose, when starting a new iCloud account in the prefs pane, to choose an iCloud address and make that the Apple ID for iCloud.

Beyond that it's difficult to say what you've done without more details. Do not post your actual email addresses or Apple IDs, just use examples to represent them.

I have spent the past few days attempting to fix my sign in info for apple, and cloud. need clarifications between the two?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.