Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 stopped pairing with garmin nuvi

After having to hard reset my iphone 5, it stopped pairing with my garmin nuvi, although they "see" each other, and I can input pass key, they won't pair.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 9:40 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 12:20 AM in response to Elrox

The Nuvi line of GPS will pair up with the iPhone perfectly.

If you can't get your phone to pair up, you may have to put your GPS in maintenance mode for a few minutes to reset the Bluetooth.

To do this, touch the speed indicator and this should take you to the "dashboard" where the trip details are listed such as total moving time etc. Put your finger in the middle of the screen and leave it there till the maintenance mode comes on. Flip the through the screens there using the next button till you see the update blutetooth PR screen appears and hit update PR. It will show that it is doing a software update a moment then restart.

Now don't do anything else with the GPS other than to make sure the Bluetooth is on.

Go into the settings on the phone and set the Bluetooth to on. In a few seconds it will find the GPS and select it. The GPS will tell you it's code and then the phone will popup a screen to allow you to enter this code. Enter it and now the phone is paired up with the GPS!

Your phone book and last received as well as missed calls will show up on the Nuvi. You can also dial and hear calls on your Nuvi as well as answer calls!

It works perfectly! I have a Nuvi 360, it works! Enjoy.

my iphone 5 stopped pairing with garmin nuvi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.