Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X crashes when indexing Apple Loops

Hello All

i updated to Logic X yesterday and can't solve the following issue :

Started Logic X and installed all the In-App content successful.

When i click on the "Apple Loop" button in the Library (top right corner), Logic starts to index the Apple Loops on my external HD and crashes after a while.

I do have quite a few Apple Loops there, but it all worked perfect in Logic 9 for a few years now.

Any idea what i could try to do ?

Thanks Daniel

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 1:33 PM

Same Issue here

34 replies

Jul 20, 2013 1:24 AM in response to Daniel Mueller1

Guys - I really think we all need to email as many IT journalists as possible at publications like the Register, Computerworld etc.

We need to put public pressure on Apple and draw attention to this balls-up of a software release.

This is simply unacceptable.

We're paying customers.

I've managed a successful install of Logic X - but only because I trawled through this forum and hacked my way to getting it working - then spent at least 24 hours downloading everything in mutliple 2GB chunks.

That's just not on - if I pay $200, I expect a clean, flawless install like any other App.

If it's going to take a long time to download everything, then at least tell me beforehand so I know what to expect.

This is a lazy, buggy, casual, flawed release.

If Steve Jobs was still alive - he'd be bollocking the Logic team.

Come on Apple - do the right thing and sort it out.

Jul 20, 2013 4:31 AM in response to djamie28

Sorry, but i don't agree on your points other than the Issue with the Loop indexing.

For $200 we all really get an amazing piece of software. I remember when Logic was still owned by German Emagic, you paid triple for it and had to go to a store picking up heavy manuals and dongles etc.

It should be clear, that if you buy a download version of a application, that it might need some time to download all the contents. Or you could simply skip this step if you don't want these extras. Think also about the environment when no CD's, Boxes, Manuals etc. have to be printed ... i'm completely happy with that.

SO, Back to topic :

Do all of you with that isse have the loops on a external harddrive ?

Jul 21, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Garrett Williams

You might not take in account, that i probably depends on various configurations.

Apple Loops on an external HD ?

Only original content or additional 3rd party libraries ?

Huge library (mine is like 150GB) or not ?

And so on. I can't get it running on my side even with the hints posted above from other users.

So, to me it's a Bug for sure. If just a 100 Cars from a certain company/brand burn down because of the same electrical issue, would you call this an incidence ? ;)

Jul 21, 2013 11:55 AM in response to Daniel Mueller1

I also have large 3rd party content.

I moved my apple loop libraries to my desktop, accesed the loop browser, indexing Apple Loops no crash.

My first look at the browser!

Put the libraries back in their proper locations, dragged and dropped a loop folder on the browser, The Apple provided content folder was indexed.

Felt brave and used the Reindex all loops option, and it CRASHED!

BUT when I opened LPX I was able to access my 3rd party libraries.

Jul 23, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Mike Maradei

I tried thousand and one trick to get it up and running without any luck.

Indexing starts after every crash from zero.

Tried to move all the new apple loops onto the same HD as the other loops are. Nothing.

Trashed all Apple Loops indexes. Nothing

Does anyone know, where the Logic X looks for the Apple loops ? Because when i trash the Index File, how should Logic know, that it would have to look my external HD for the loops ?

I mean, it does either use some indexes from the Logic 9 or somewhere, at least there is nothing in the mentioned location (user/ Music/ Audio Music apps), as i have trashed those indexes.

Any idea anyone ?

Maybe APPLE ?

Jul 23, 2013 9:29 AM in response to Mike Maradei

People move your apple loops, to your desktop or another drive, open LPX, open loop browser.

LPX SHOULD be able to index an empty loop folder, and you now have access to the loop browser.

If successful, put the loops back in their proper location, drag, and drop a loop folder onto the browser.

That will index that folder. Repeat for loops in the user folder.

Worked for me.

@Daniel Mueller1

Can you access the browser?

If you can, dragging and dropping a loop folder on the loop browser, will index all of the loop folders in that folder.

😎

Logic X crashes when indexing Apple Loops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.