Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding more than one iPhone withRemote app

My wife and I recently acquired an Apple TV and I have set it up for the Remote app on my iPhone using my iTunes account. My wife also has an iTunes account which her iPhone is registered on. I know you can add more than one account through the iTunes Store option in the settings but if she wants to use her phone as a remote when I'm not there, will she have to change her account to mine (since my account is on the home-sharing) or can she register the Remote app with her account? I might be missing something but when she opened the Remote app for the first time it didn't find the Apple TV and mentioned her account in the on-screen alert.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:37 AM

You just have to both have to logged into the same Apple ID for Home Sharing, nothing else. You can set this up here:

Settings > Music > Home Sharing - I assume you have Home Sharing on Apple TV set up under your account since you are currently using it so log in as you

1 reply

Adding more than one iPhone withRemote app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.