Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

assigning Garritan sounds problems

If I drag a SMF from Band in A Box Logic, I can use the Garritan Aria Player to assign different sounds

to each track with no problems. If I drag a SMF sace out of Fianle 2012 things behave differently.

If I assign a sound to a track it play once. If I return to zero and play the trak the sound is muted.

If I use the relload button in the Aria Play the sound will again play once. I've submitted this question

to the Finale folks today no answer yet. help?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Logic Express and Finale 2012

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 5:11 PM

I have since upgraded to Logic Pro X. The SMF mentioned in the first post worked fine in Logic Pro X. I am pretty sure the Logic Express problem was with CC# 1 (modulation) being reset to zero. I unchedked it in the Midi reset controls list, but that did not help. Anyway, Since I have upgraded to Logic Pro X, i'm not going to pursue the orginal problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2013 5:11 PM in response to Island Geez

I have since upgraded to Logic Pro X. The SMF mentioned in the first post worked fine in Logic Pro X. I am pretty sure the Logic Express problem was with CC# 1 (modulation) being reset to zero. I unchedked it in the Midi reset controls list, but that did not help. Anyway, Since I have upgraded to Logic Pro X, i'm not going to pursue the orginal problem.

assigning Garritan sounds problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.