Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are Automator scripts stored?

I'm trying to find one I created years ago on my G4 iMac running Mac OS 10.4.11 so I can copy it and install it on my G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.5.8

I've done a Spotlight search for it and tried to track it down using the alias on the desktop for it.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 4:28 PM

They are stored wherever you save them. I suspect the default was the /Home/Documents/ folder.

7 replies

Jul 18, 2013 5:07 PM in response to Kappy

Hmmm, I was looking at the Get Info box for the script's icon on the desktop and noticed that the extension is ".app" so I zipped it, copied the zipped file to a flashdrive and installed it on the G5. Unfortunately, Automator on the G5 won't run it because the first step in the script is to Launch iTunes. Automator says that I have the wrong version of iTunes installed and that I need to upgrade iTunes to 4.6 (I have iTunes 10 installed). I guess I'll have to try and start from scratch - I remember it took several hours to get it to work before. I want it to launch iTunes playing a particular song, and then launch an email app. Sounds simple but when I followed the steps in Automator's Help file, it didn't work.

Where are Automator scripts stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.