Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Micro USB options

I'm trying to sync my new ATV device and when setting it up I neglected to input my iTunes information prior to installing a software update. When the device restarted, it wanted me to sync it with iTunes but I don't have a micro USB cable. Is there a way to sync the device without the micro USB?

Apple TV (3rd Generation)

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 3:58 PM

5 replies

Jul 19, 2013 8:24 AM in response to lkrupp

I appreciate your willingness to help lkrupp, but the micro USB can be used for syncing. The ATV was already connected to my WiFi network (that's how it downloaded the software update) prior to asking me to sync with iTunes. I found a micro USB cable from an old blackberry I had for work and so I hooked it directly to the computer via the micro USB and launched iTunes. Then took it back to the TV and it was golden. Thanks though.

Jul 19, 2013 1:24 PM in response to subet

the microUSB can be used for 1 thing only and thats to restore the firmware if the appletv crash

also the only devices which have the microUSB connector are the 2generation and up black apples tv's which does not support sync at all being they have no harddisk you can sync to they 100% rely on access to a shared lib of a computer running with itunes running

Micro USB options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.