Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os x server profilemanager is not available outside the local network

Hi,

I have some trouble using the profilemanager. Planed is to install the server for configuring and supporting our iPhone user

Its a mac mini with OS X Server installed. I've just activated the Websites, OpenDirectory and Profilemanager service. I added the Server to our AD and I'am able to choose the User to allow them to log on to the profilmanager. No problems so far.

But then I added a port forwarding to our firewall with this ports -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5302?viewlocale=de_DE to the server.

Then I logged on to a external client pc and opened the url forwarded to our ip. The first website with the server logo I got. But if i try to open a subfolder like /profilemanager I get only a white screen without any content. Just a title "Admin" is shown in the browser tab.

Then I tried it with a local client. This client located in the same IP range can open the subfolders without any problems.

Whats the problem here? Just a parameter in the server config that tells him to deny connections from external?

Marcel

OS X Server-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 2:25 AM

There are no replies.

mac os x server profilemanager is not available outside the local network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.