Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Over Bluetooth - Only In Some Apps???

I have my iPhone 5 paired to the Bluetooth system in my 2010 Mazda RX-8 R3 and have recently paired it with a Scala Rider Teamset PRO Bluetooth motorcycle helmet headset.

In both cases, I can make and receive calls with audio being pushed through the speakers/headset. Siri also works - well, it channels the sound through Bluetooth as Siri is rubbish - and that's about my lot.

Copilot Live on the iPhone routes audio through the phone's speakers amd likewise the Music app does the same, rather than chanelling the audio to the Bluetooth systems.

So it seems to me that the headset and the car system are both working, but that there's a bug or poor implementation within IOS

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, x2, iPhone 4S

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 1:31 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 2:52 PM in response to Richard Morris

I'm having the same issue in my Mercedes. iPhone 5s pairs bluetooth perfectly fine, phone calls, Siri, music player, Spotify, all work great through car speakers. Youtube app, and a few others do not stream audio through the speakers though. They used to, with iphone 4 and previous ios, with same car and bluetooth.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sound Over Bluetooth - Only In Some Apps???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.