Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get Macoffice back after crash

Hello

I have my IMAc since 5 years and never have had 1 single issue with the desktop , until last week without any reason it crashed down.

So I did instal MacOsX , Snow Leopard and my Mac office 2008 back in place.

Unfortunately I bought Mac Office 2011 online, never made a CD copy so I lost it. I don't see myself buying a new CD a second time?

What can i do?

Second question, is there a possibility to find my previous folders back after a format?

a million thanks for the one who can help me.

thank you.

Annatsi

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Mac Office 2011 bought online,

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 2:17 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Respecting to Office 2011, you have to contact with the site where you purchased it or with Microsoft > http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support

When you format the hard drive, all your files are erased. Unless you have a backup of your files, it's difficult to get them back and you have to use expensive applications like DiskWarrior. Note that this app doesn't always work, so you may be wasting money.

If you really need those files, there are companies that can recover your files, but they are even more expensive. Since now, you know you have to make backups of your files onto an external drive in order not to lose your files if something happens with the hard disk or Mac OS X

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2013 2:17 AM in response to Annatsi

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Respecting to Office 2011, you have to contact with the site where you purchased it or with Microsoft > http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support

When you format the hard drive, all your files are erased. Unless you have a backup of your files, it's difficult to get them back and you have to use expensive applications like DiskWarrior. Note that this app doesn't always work, so you may be wasting money.

If you really need those files, there are companies that can recover your files, but they are even more expensive. Since now, you know you have to make backups of your files onto an external drive in order not to lose your files if something happens with the hard disk or Mac OS X

how to get Macoffice back after crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.