Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device enrolment and push notification certificates weirdness

Really hope someone can help me with this one.

After a fierce fight with my server I decided to do a clean install to make sure everything is in it's intended place and state.

Besides many, many other issues (suddenly disappearing of Open Directory, weird profile manager errors, binding issues etc etc) this is the one I really don't understand.

All settings are good and tested (DNS, IP's etc).

Enrolment of devices seems to go well. I can install trust profiles on my macbook pro, macmini, iphone and ipad. All lights green there. Enrollment of non-ios devices all work fine, but when I enroll more than one ios device something weird happens. It doesn't matter if I enroll the iphone or the ipad first. The first enrolled device works fine, push notifications also works fine for this one.

The second one just doesn't stick. It sort of shows up in the web based profile manager but doesn’t carry the correct name. It just says ‘New Device’. In the web based enrollment environment (server.domain.com/mydevices) the dysfunctional ios device appears and disappears randomly. I can't push anything toward it.

I added some images.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Also weird! Although I did a clean install, my push certificates are all ‘signed by an unknown authority’. The rest of the certificates (they are all there) are healthy. I have seen these certificates before when they where nice and green saying that they where trusted. Is this a problem on Apple’s side?

User uploaded file

Hope someone relieves some of my struggle.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 5:53 AM

There are no replies.

Device enrolment and push notification certificates weirdness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.