Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen froze. Lights up. Unresponsive to touch or button pressing. Won't charge or power down. What do i do?

Last night my problem began around Midnight. I went to open an app and the ipod froze on that app screen until 4 am..at 4 am i was then able to power the ipod down..i had pressed the buttons so much trying to fix the ipod that again the screen froze with the power down option on the screen..while trying to power it down..the screen AGAIN froze and now only has a dim light. Ipod is unresponsive to me pressing the buttons...the light won't go dim and i'm not sure if it's even killing the battery..anyone know a way to fix this? I plug in the ipod but nothing happens..?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 8:35 AM

1 reply

Jul 19, 2013 8:57 AM in response to Katthasclaws

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Screen froze. Lights up. Unresponsive to touch or button pressing. Won't charge or power down. What do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.