Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Menu Bar Vanished

User uploaded file

I am using iTunes 11.0.4 (4) an up to Date Mac and the Menu Bar at the top has disappeared!

It will only show in Full Screen.

I have searched the forums and I cannot get a little square at the top left to help me adjust viewing!

Nothing is showing in View.

It is driving me NUTS!

Help

Angus

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 9:23 AM

4 replies

Jul 19, 2013 9:55 AM in response to macprestonpans

Angus,

does the same happen, when you are launching iTunes from a different user account? For example as a Guest user? If iTunes is o.k. in a diffrent user account, your preferences might be broken.

Then remove your iTunes Prefrences file com.apple.iTunes.plist from the Preferences folder in your User Library.

The user library is hidden by default in Lion and Mt. Lion. To reveal it, use the Finder's "Go" menu. Select "Go" in the Finder's main menu bar and hold down the alt/option key, until you see the "Library" in the drop-down menu. Double click it to open a Finder window, so you can browse the files inside.

But be aware, that after removing the user preferences you will have to reset all settings that have been added using the Preferences panel. So take a note of all settings you entered there, before you remove the file.

Regards

Léonie

iTunes Menu Bar Vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.