Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto interference

My wife and I are using iPhoto '11. She has a MacBook Air and I have a MacBook Pro. We also have two iPhones that stream any pictures taken into iPhoto. She recently started to become interested in iPhoto and has dragged some scanned pictures into her iPhoto. They show up in my iPhoto's photo stream and are transferred into my Event folder. I would like to separate our iPhotos from each other. If I set her up with a separate Library giving it a new name will that solve the problem: will all iPhone photos taken with both our iPhones then just stream into my iPhoto and will scanned photos she drags into her iPhoto exclusively exist there?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 11:12 AM

We need details

A guess is that she has the iPhoto preference to add imported photos to the PhotoStream checked - if that wild guess is correct then simply uncheck it and now photos will no longer be added to Photostream automatically

LN

1 reply

iPhoto interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.