Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making individual enrollment a team account

Purchased iOS devolopment enrollment program, but activated it as "individual" is any chacnce I can reactivate it to "team account"?

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 2:09 PM

11 replies

Jul 19, 2013 2:29 PM in response to walkthemoon

walkthemoon wrote:

So "coporate account" but can it be a group of individuals who start to develop for iOS?

If that "group of individuals" is the board of directors of your corporation, then yes.

These days it is quite difficult to get a business account. You need documentation for the existence of a legal business and a sole proprietorship isn't good enough.

Jul 19, 2013 2:30 PM in response to walkthemoon

Yes but since it is a corporate account it needs to be incorporated. Certainly you and a group of other developers are free to form an LLC or whatever if you plan to work together. But you will need to provide Apple with the corporate bank account instead of your individual account. You'll aslo need a tax id or EIN number, and they also like you to have a DUNS number. All of this requires some paperwork and filing on your part.

So far there isn't a way to form a team ad-hoc, and I am not sure there ever will be.

I have a one man corporation and have been considering switchng my individual account to my company for some time but probably won't until there is a real need since it involves a certain amount of paperwork. But the moment I have a second employee I certainly would do it.

Jul 19, 2013 3:08 PM in response to msuper69

I guess I want to revise my comment slightly. As Mchael pointed out it isn't dealing with Apple that takes any time.

This is from Apple's page

https://developer.apple.com/support/ios/enrollment.html#neededtoenroll

Companies/Organizations enrolling in the iOS Developer Program will need:

• The legal authority to bind your company/organization to Apple Developer Program legal agreements.
  • A registered legal entity name. This name will appear as the "Seller" in the App Store. We do not accept DBAs, Fictitious Businesses, Trade names, or branches.
  • Address for the company’s principal place of business or corporate headquarters.
  • A D-U-N-S Number assigned to a legal entity.

And once you start to set up on the portal you'll need to revise your bank account and tax information before any Apps can be on sale in the store. Hence the "legal authority" requirement.

None of this is a big deal if you are incorporated. But if you just wanted to work with a team of other developers on something you probably should use Glassboard and a shared github repository.

Jul 19, 2013 5:02 PM in response to walkthemoon

I would advise just continuing with your personal account. If you have the paperwork and documentation to get a business account, then attempt to create a new business account a couple of months before your personal account expires. Apple's developer support people are completely swamped. Your chances of getting anything done that isn't mainstream and/or automated is very poor.

Making individual enrollment a team account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.