Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete Sent Messages in email without doing each message separately? I have thousands sitting in there going back 4 years!

How can I delete all those "Sent" messages from e-mail without doing each message one at a time?Harry 2

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 10:48 AM

How do I delete all messages from the Sent box on my I-pad?

15 replies

Jul 19, 2013 1:40 PM in response to Harry 2

Actually there is

Want to delete more than a single email message? You can easily delete multiple email messages from the iPad by using the Mail's edit feature. The button on the top right side of the inbox is the edit button. Touching this button will put your inbox into edit mode.

Once your inbox is in edit mode, you can select multiple messages by touching each message you want to delete. You then have the option to either delete them by pressing the delete button at the bottom of the screen or moving them to a specific folder by touching the move button.

Also I use this App from the App store it is THE BEST email APP on the Apple devices

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/altamail/id328890658?mt=8

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link

The press are convinced!

========================

Incredible iPhone Apps for Dummies "The more e-mail you send & receive on your iPhone/iPad, the more you'll appreciate AltaMail "

AppShouter: "this app exp&s the possibilities for mail"

iPhone Apps Finder: "a very solid business app - 9/10"

ArticleClick: "....bottom line is that this app exp&s the possibilities for mail on your iPhone or iPad"

Also you can Invest in a Superior Training course and never have questions again lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWCUC-GqA10

Best Video Training course on the Market

<Edited by Host>

Sep 2, 2014 3:13 PM in response to Harry 2

It *can* be done with iOS 7. http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/138612/how-can-i-delete-all-from-inbox- or-sent-mail-folder-in-ios

1. Go to your Sent folder
  2. Tap on the "Edit"-Button on the top right
  3. Select the first email in your list
  4. Hold down the "Move" button
  5. While you are still holding the "Move"-Button, deselect the first E-Mail
  6. Put away all your fingers from the screen and wait a few seconds
  7. Now Mail asks you where to move ALL of your emails
  8. Select the Trash-Folder
  9. Inside the Trahs-Folder, you can delete all items at once

Jul 13, 2015 11:02 AM in response to one2g0

Great answer. Real pain to select and delete each one. I am still trying to figure out why my Iphone is still showing 1300 sent messages when it is empty. I cannot sync with Outlook because iTunes says there is not enough capacity. I have 2.6GB of mail, but only 5 emails in my inbox. Trash is empty and as I said, I deleted all the sent in its folder, and still show the 1300. Any ideas?

How can I delete Sent Messages in email without doing each message separately? I have thousands sitting in there going back 4 years!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.