Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to upgrade to mountain lion for my logic X. do you guy know if buying mountain lion now i will get maverick "free" when it release?

Need to upgrade to mountain lion for my logic X. Do you guy know if buying mountain lion now i will get maverick "free" when it release?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 3:04 PM

4 replies

Jul 19, 2013 3:49 PM in response to vonnfromvancouver

Thje only time Apple offers a free upgrade to a newer version of OS X is after that new version of OS X comes out and you have bought a new Mac computer that includes the older version after the release date of the new version.

So even if you bought Mountain Lion the day after Maverick comes out Apple wouldn't offer you a free upgrade to Maverick. you would need to buy a new Mac that had Mountain Lion installed on it to get that offer. That is if they are even going to do that with the release of Maverick. Only Apple knows that and they aren't saying at this time.

need to upgrade to mountain lion for my logic X. do you guy know if buying mountain lion now i will get maverick "free" when it release?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.