Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The audio is off on my Apple TV.

We have recently moved. We brought our Apple TV, but purchased a new TV (LED we used to have a plasma). Additionally we have switched Internet companies. Therefore, we are not sure which change is causing the problem. Audio is not off when watching cable, but off for all Apple TV options (iTunes, Netflix, YouTube). I am hoping there may be a few thrombus shooting possibilities for the Apple TV before we deal with trying to exchange the TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 6:43 PM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2013 6:43 AM in response to Leeperl

Hi Leeperl,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The following article will provide some troubleshooting steps for this issue:

Apple TV (2nd generation): Static or no sound from your TV when playing Apple TV content

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3518

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1551

If you can see video but can't hear sound

1. If Apple TV is connected to a receiver, make sure the receiver is turned on.
  2. Make sure the input setting you've selected on your receiver matches the input you have your audio cables connected to. See the documentation that came with your receiver for more information.
  3. Make sure the volume on your TV or receiver is turned up and isn't muted.
  4. Check whether you can hear sound while playing video only. Also, check whether you can hear audio feedback while clicking through menu options.
  5. If you're connected to the HDMI port on your TV and Apple TV, make sure your TV supports audio through its HDMI port. The HDMI ports on some older TVs support only video.
  6. If you are using HDMI audio, try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable.
  7. If you're connected to the HDMI port on your TV and Apple TV, make sure your TV is setup to receive audio from HDMI. For some TV's this is automatic, but for others there is a choice between digital and analog (for HDMI audio, choose digital). Read more about HDMI audio.
  8. Try the other audio outputs on Apple TV to see if they work.
  9. If possible, try using different audio cables.

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

The audio is off on my Apple TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.