Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! I got an iPad about 2 years ago. I dont know what version it is. But it won't let me download the new iOS 6 version. I'm connected to the Internet. It says I have to have at least 2.5 GB to download it. I have way more than 2.5 GB left. Help please!

Hi! I got an iPad about 2 years ago. I dont know what version it is. But it won't let me download the new iOS 6 version. I'm connected to the Internet. It says I have to have at least 2.5 GB to download it. I have way more than 2.5 GB left. Help please!

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 5:52 PM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2013 9:41 AM in response to Blueandpink

Hi Blueandpink,

If you are running iOS 4, you will need to update the iPad via iTunes on your computer (can't do OTA updates unless you have iOS 5 or higher).

If you have a first generation iPad, unfortunately you won't be able to update to iOS 6 (iOS 5 is the highest you can update to on the original iPad).

If you are on an iPad 2, 3, or 4th generation with iOS 5 and it still isn't working, try holding down on both the Sleep AND Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds (ignore the red slider button). Keep holding it until the Apple Logo appears. When you see the Apple logo on the black screen, let go of the buttons. This “reset” fixes a lot of iPad issues and might work to resolve the update issue. Try updating again.

Hope this helps!

~Joe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.