Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X channel strip settings and library items

I was using Logic Pro 9 and just upgraded to Logic Pro X. I am a little confused by some of the channel strip options and settings.

When I look at the "Library" on the left, there are several choices.

User Channel Strip Settings

Bass

Drum Kit

Drum Machine

etc.

Legacy

When I click at the top of a channel strip, I do not get all these options. My saved channel strip choices show up in the list and then I only have "Legacy" which mirrors the "Legacy" contents in the Library Window. I do NOT get any of the other choices listed in the Library window.

Is this expected behavior or is something wrong?

On a similar note, are the new items in the Library the same as their "Legacy" counterparts? For example, it the "new" Bosendorfer piano going to be the same software instrument as the "Legacy" Bosendorfer? Or are these updated versions?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 20GB Ram

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 6:45 PM

4 replies

Jul 22, 2013 7:03 AM in response to Joe M21

Hi Joe M21,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The link below to the new Logic Pro X Help Menu will review the changes to the software:

Logic Pro X Help: Overview

https://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10/#lgcp8df67b1d

This link is a good overview of what's new:

http://www.apple.com/logic-pro/whats-new/

The Sound Library and loop collection has been rebuilt from the ground up by some of the world’s most creative sound designers.

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

Jul 22, 2013 5:07 PM in response to mysticfig

It appears that "Patches" and channel strip settings are really the same thing. LPX allow more information to be stored in the setting, but they are still the same thing by different names.

Seems if you want to access the new "Patches" you can only do so through the library window. Only saved and old (i.e. "Legacy") channel strip settings are available thorough the channel drop down menu. Odd, but not that big a deal.

I would still like to know if the new "Patches" in the Library are any different than their "Legacy" counterparts (at least some of the effects inserts are different. I am curious as to if the actual samples are different).

Logic Pro X channel strip settings and library items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.