Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why have i lost my non purchased items from itunes

Hi All

I have recently changed from an iphone 4 to a 5 and even though all backed to the cloud i have lost all non purchased music from my itunes library. Please can anyone help to recify this?

Thank you

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 2:27 AM

8 replies

Jul 20, 2013 12:27 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

The way Apple describes iCloud in different places makes it a bit hazy.

To be correct, when backing up an iDevice (whether to iCloud or yoru computer), the backup does not include any music/movies/tv shows/media from your device.

iTunes purchases are linked to your AppleID and they are available to redownload.

iTunes puts the iCloud icon in iTunes to redownload them. Yes, they are technically are part of "iCloud" but they are not part of an iCloud backup of your iDevice.

When you restore an iDevice, it first restores the backup, then redownloads your previous purchases from "iCloud" (which is simply the file in the iTunes store). It's not a separate file that was uploaded from your iDevice/iTunes.

why have i lost my non purchased items from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.