Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover hiden file from time machine

I am attempting to recover the hiden file "Mail" from the hiden folder "library" contained in Time Machine backup stored in a time capsule.

Aparently, is quite difficult to visualize the hiden files contined in a Time Machine backup, and Library>Mail is one of them.

There is also a program called Path finder that is able to visualize easily such hiden files.

I tried to use Path finder and I saw the hiden files contained in the hard drive of my mac,

but I can not see any file at all stored at the time capsule !!!! not even the unhiden....

Is like Path Finder can see the time capsule, but is unable to see any of its content, and that means

that I amb still unable to acces the hiden files stored in a external hard drive (Time capsule) contained in a Time Machine Backup.

Does anybody know how I migth be able to recover a old hiden " Library>Mail file " stored in a Time Machine backub in a Time capsule????

Thank you very much.

Ramon

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 6:41 AM

• Select the Finder "Go" menu.
  • Press the "option" key and "Library" will appear on the menu.
  • Open the Library folder
  • Enter Time Machine
  • Go to the backup you want
  • You should be able to access the Mail folder from there

I hope that helps

1 reply

Recover hiden file from time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.