Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwork apps won't open any files on new iMac

just got my new imac. my original iwork purchase was from a CD, so i reinstalled it on the new mac from the original disc, did all the updates, and now can only create new documents. none of the apps will open existing iwork or microsoft documents. it still works on my old computer.

in numbers, i get the error message "The document - - - could not be opened."

in pages and keynote, i get the error message "An unexpected error has occurred. Please quit and reopen Keynote."

since i didn't purchase via the app store, i can't update from there, so i went to apple's site for the latest updates. i believe i'm up to date:

numbers '09, v 2.3

pages v 4.3

keynote v 5.3

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

susan

iwork-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 8:33 AM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2013 5:26 PM in response to gerberdaisy

update :

after numerous calls and efforts with apple care, i decided to try purchasing the app directly from the app store (which i was reluctant to do since i already owned the iworks '09 disk). and it worked. so i'm out $40 (didn't buy keynote yet). but at least i have something that works. and i didn't need to reinstall the OS like the apple care people wanted to try...

hope this helps others in the same boat.

iwork apps won't open any files on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.