Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Mountain Lion Recovery

I had recovered my OS X Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro, on iTunes once logged in, can see my apps and iPhoto and iMovie didn't install, anyone know why?

Note, that Snow Leaopard was that OS installed on my MacBook Pro when I bought it. I had upgraded to Mountain Lion later on.

I decided to performed a System Recovery due to OS was running reallly slow.

Now, Itunes didn't load my apps on my account, so i can not sync my iPad and iPhone. On the other hand, iPhoto and iMovie, didn't install.

Thanks to your help.

iDiegolos.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), System Recovery

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 9:55 AM

If by a system recovery you mean an erase and install, you won't have your iLife apps re-installed. Those came with your Mac, not an AppStore purchase. Use the original disks that came with your Mac, in your case disk 2, I believe.

As far as iTunes, it sounds like you didn't migrate on the first boot in Setup Assistant, but chose to wait until you tested the system? In that case Migration Manager probably created a new account in /Users?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2013 9:55 AM in response to iDiegolos

If by a system recovery you mean an erase and install, you won't have your iLife apps re-installed. Those came with your Mac, not an AppStore purchase. Use the original disks that came with your Mac, in your case disk 2, I believe.

As far as iTunes, it sounds like you didn't migrate on the first boot in Setup Assistant, but chose to wait until you tested the system? In that case Migration Manager probably created a new account in /Users?

OS X Mountain Lion Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.