Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes database is screwed up. How to fix?

I've had my music library stored on my NAS for many years now. I have iTunes set to where the iTunes Library is on the network drive and I have iTunes set to keep my music organized. Up until today, everything is working as it should.

Today, I found a recently-ripped album which was stored in my local iTunes Library and not on the NAS. Of course it plays fine on that iTunes, but not on any of the others that use it.

So, I thought the best and easiest way to fix it was to use the Consolidate iTunes Library function. Isn't that the best course of action? I don't know why that album was not stored where it was supposed to be stored.

Anyway, here's where it gets really weird. I started the consolidation, and the very first song was taking a very, very long time. Curious, I went out to the NAS to the directory where the song was supposed to be and I find:

1. The song it's supposed to be copying is gone.
  2. It is currently copying over a Star Trek episode .avi into that album directory.
  3. When it's finished, the file is renamed to the song it was supposed to copy over, but it's a 300MB .avi file.
  4. The second song was doing the same thing, and when I stopped it, found it was an Office episode being copied over.

What is going on?! What can I do to fix this???

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 2:28 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes database is screwed up. How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.