Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X will not recognize Omnisphere

Hey, all.

Just installed Logic X and tried to open up my go-to synth VST, omnisphere, only to find out that logic x will not recognize omnisphere with the rest of the audio units. All my native instruments plugins work fine and were validated upon install of logic x but it won't even detect omnisphere. It's worth noting I did not delete logic 9 from the Mac after completed install of Logic X. Could that be the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 1:55 PM

13 replies

Jul 20, 2013 3:33 PM in response to JimmySupras

Same issues here......I called Spectrasonics to check on compatibility of current version of Omnisphere with Logic Pro X and they said there should be no problem, as it is audio units based. Omnisphere shows up in the list of audio units when I scan for it, but nowhere can I access it in Logic Pro X. I also kept Logic Pro 9 on my Mac Pro, and it loads Omnisphere just fine. Guess I will call Spectrasonics back again on Monday, and Apple as well. You have to wonder how much testing Apple does for third party products before releasing a new version. Being that I paid two and a half times more money for Omnisphere than Logic Pro X costs, I'm not a happy camper. Wish I could be optimistic for a quick fix of this, but considering there are still major unresolved issues in Mountain Lion and Photoshop CS6 after a whole year, it doesn't bode well.

Jul 20, 2013 4:31 PM in response to njenigma1953

Check you're running the latest version. AFAIK Omnisphere has been 64bit for as long as I have owned it, but the External Memory Streaming feature in it suggests it once had to endure a plugin memory limit, leading me to think earlier versions may have been 32bit.

Logic X no longer supports 32bit, and if you had used 32bit Logic 9, you may never have noticed that some plugins were and some weren't 64bit.

Jul 20, 2013 5:20 PM in response to gen_

Just to confirm..

Omnisphere working fine in LPX here.. No issues and is recognised and works as normal..

Omnisphere Version Info:

Software Version v1.5.6d 64bit

Soundsources v1.0.2

Patches v.1.5.1

Ill also add to that... that 64bit versions of Triilian and Stylus RMX are working fine too...

Therefore, I suspect those having issues are running older 32bit versions.... and simply need to update their plugins.

Jul 20, 2013 7:50 PM in response to JimmySupras

Figured it out. Turns out I'm just stupid, haha. Just looked over something.

Essentially, I had installed Omnishpere on my macbook air with my old discs without ever going to update it, writing the updates off based on the fact that they came out much before I purchased my Macbook Air. In doing that, I was running an out of date version of Omnishpere.

Updated omnisphere and now it's running flawlessly. Thanks for the help!

Logic X will not recognize Omnisphere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.