Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud email address changed

I recently moved to a new state and had to abandon my email address because it belonged to an old ISP in that area. I have a new email address now with my new ISP. When I got my new email address, I changed it on iTunes, and then I changed that email address and password on all of the iPhones and iPads on my account that used, but I was only ever able to change it under settings relating to iTunes store. I am unable to change the email address on the devices under the iCloud setting, even though I have also changed my email address via iCloud. My husband just got a new iPhone for work and when we were setting it up, we had the same issue. In the iCloud email address, it has the old email address, and it does not give me the option of changing it. How do I change that email address on the devices so they can be connected to iCloud and back-up? I also have a new phone now (his old iPhone 5), but do not want to switch over until I can fix this problem.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 2:58 PM

To change your iCloud ID, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID. This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account, your iCloud data will reappear on your device when you sign back in.

To avoid losing photo stream photos, save them to your camera roll (if not already there) before deleting the account. To do this, open your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2013 2:58 PM in response to kkosakowski

To change your iCloud ID, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID. This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account, your iCloud data will reappear on your device when you sign back in.

To avoid losing photo stream photos, save them to your camera roll (if not already there) before deleting the account. To do this, open your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.

icloud email address changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.