Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does flagging e-mail protect it from being automatically deleted?

My wife now uses only her iPad for e-mail. She flagged a couple messages that she needed for future reference but noticed today that they were now gone. Her account is a POP account from Comcast. They are not in the trash folder either.

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 5:01 PM

Flagging the emails will not prevent them from being deleted after a period of time.

I have Comcast email. Go to Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Comcast account>Advanced>Delete from server>Never. In the mail settings you can also set more messages to show in the account in Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Mail>Show and you can select it to show up to 1000 recent messages. Chances are that the email just isn't showing in the list now because she may have it set to only show 50 messages.

Comcast has their own mail app - Xfinity Connect. I use the app as well. You can actually create new folders on the sever using a web browser on your computer and the folders will sync to the Xfinity app. You can create a folder in which you can save messages and that might prove to be helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2013 5:01 PM in response to ndelc

Flagging the emails will not prevent them from being deleted after a period of time.

I have Comcast email. Go to Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Comcast account>Advanced>Delete from server>Never. In the mail settings you can also set more messages to show in the account in Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Mail>Show and you can select it to show up to 1000 recent messages. Chances are that the email just isn't showing in the list now because she may have it set to only show 50 messages.

Comcast has their own mail app - Xfinity Connect. I use the app as well. You can actually create new folders on the sever using a web browser on your computer and the folders will sync to the Xfinity app. You can create a folder in which you can save messages and that might prove to be helpful.

Does flagging e-mail protect it from being automatically deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.