Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto-update failed

Hi!
After upgrading my iPhoto, I got a message saying that there was a problem opening iPhoto. When I click on the icon for iphoto on my dock, it will not open.
In App Store, it says that I have already installed the latest version (iPhoto 11´). I have tried to restart my computer, I have tried to do more upgrades on my computer and all of that, but it does not work. Can anybody please help me?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 3:43 PM

5 replies

Jul 20, 2013 4:19 PM in response to LarryHN

Actually, I cant open any of the programs on my computer that are connected to App Store. I get the same error message while opening Spotify, iMovie and such.

The message says:

"iPhoto cannot be opened because of a problem. Contact the surver to make sure that this program is possible to use with this version of Mac OS X. It is possible that you have to install the program again. Make sure that you have installed all the avalible upgrades for the program and for Mac OS X."

I had to translate it into english, so the spellings and the language is probably not right, but I hope you understand.

My computer is a 10.7.5 version, and I tried to install Iphoto 11´ because iPhoto did not want to open before I did. That is when the problems started...

Jul 20, 2013 5:12 PM in response to MartineMidttveit

you can select an application in the application folder and get info to see the version that is installed

I tried to install Iphoto 11´ because iPhoto did not want to open before I did.

for the future it is not a good idea to upgrade problem programs unless the upgrade specifically addresses the problems your are having - it usually is better to resolve the problems and then upgrade

Try deleting the iPhoto application and insalling form the Apop store again

LN

iPhoto-update failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.