Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need new iCloud for daughter

I set my daughters iPod 4th gen up on my Apple ID and iCloud, I have now set her up her own apple ID and want her to have her own iCloud, how can this be done please? I'm scared of hitting the delete button on her iPod as I do not know if this will delete the iCloud as a whole, can someone help????

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 2:05 PM

1 reply

Jul 20, 2013 2:18 PM in response to Emilou74

See:

Creating an iCloud account: Frequently Asked Questions

Create a NEW account/ID for her using these instructions. Make sure you follow the instructions. Many do not and if you do not you will not get the None option. You must use an email address that you have not used with Apple before.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

Use the new ID on her iPod but only for:

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

and Settings>iCloud if you want her to have separate Contacts Calendar and some other things.

Continue to use the same/common Apple ID for Settings>iTunes and App stores so you can share purchases.

Need new iCloud for daughter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.