Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the frame size of emailed video clip 568x320 instead of 1920x1080?

While traveling overseas, I shot video and emailed the clips to myself, for future editing and to free up space on my phone for more shooting. But when I returned home and downloaded them the frame size of every clip was 568x320. This is hardly hi-def and not really useful for my purpose.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), owned by OKC Community College

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 6:41 PM

Hi there,

As it turns out, when you e-mail photos directly from your phone, you will likely be presented the option to send images in their original sizes or reduce the image size to make sending easier.

The frame size represents the amount of pixels that run width x height of your photos. Therefore, the emailed clip size contains approximately 181,760 pixels; whereas, the original frame size contains approximately 2,073,600 pixels.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2013 6:41 PM in response to Videokc

Hi there,

As it turns out, when you e-mail photos directly from your phone, you will likely be presented the option to send images in their original sizes or reduce the image size to make sending easier.

The frame size represents the amount of pixels that run width x height of your photos. Therefore, the emailed clip size contains approximately 181,760 pixels; whereas, the original frame size contains approximately 2,073,600 pixels.

Jul 21, 2013 10:17 AM in response to Videokc

I'm familiar with the choices of file size when emailing a photo which I find to be very helpful. What I had foolishly assumed was that since there was no similar option for video that the full frame size would be sent. After all, one of the options for photos is full frame which can be a larger image than 1920x1080.

My mistake was two-fold: making that assumption and not using Dropbox to automatically upload all photos and videos. Knowing they were on Dropbox would have enabled me to delete them on my phone during the two-week trip and keep enough free space on my phone.

Jul 21, 2013 11:43 AM in response to ChristianfromWV

I appreciate your feedback, Christain, but I can't honestly say that my problem has been solved because I had deleted the clips from my phone while still overseas and am now stuck with clips of an inadequate size.

I have finally found in the Apple documentation for iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1 that "the carrier may limit file size." Since there was no prompt to choose frame/file size for any of the 50 fifty video clips I emailed, I'm just out of luck. I sent in a feedback notification, but I expect nothing in return.

Why is the frame size of emailed video clip 568x320 instead of 1920x1080?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.