Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why dont the 16g 5th generation have a rear camera?

I was curious to know why wasn't the 16g 5th generation ipod made with a rear camera? For someone who has had the 4th gen for a while I had to upgrade to the 5th gen. 16g because my 4th generation no longer works. So i wanted to know why it doesn't have a rear camera like the others. Plus it's very hard to find a case for the 16g that doesn't have holes in the back set for the 32g and 64g which has a rear camera and a loop area. I would have thought that this touch would at least be exactly like the other 5th generation iPods but its not. I have my share of apple products and really don't need 32g or 64g on an iPod when I have an iPad and an iPhone.

iPod touch, 16g 5th generation

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 6:31 PM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:16 AM in response to kblu25

There are actually two iPod touch 5 16gb models you can buy. The only difference is that one does not have a rear facing camera.

Apr 27, 2015 7:30 AM in response to Community User

In June 1914 Apple discontinued the 16 GB 5G without rear camera and replaced it with a 16 GB 5G that has both from AND back cameras. The 16 GB 5G is no longer available as new from the Apple on-line store.

Billhiggins wrote:

There are actually two iPod touch 5 16gb models you can buy. The only difference is that one does not have a rear facing camera.

Why dont the 16g 5th generation have a rear camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.