Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Burn Playlist to Disc' option not available iTunes 11.0.4.4

I am simply unable to access any kind of 'Burn playlist to disc/cd' option within 'File' or 'Right-clicking' on the playlist I'm trying to burn or 'right-clicking' the tool gear on the bottom left of the iTunes screen. I am running as Administrator, using Windows 7. CD is in drive. I am not getting any errors. Everything seems to be working properly. Just not able to find/access/use the burn playlist to disc. I have included 4 screenshots of each place I've been searching where the 'Burn' option should be. The playlist selected is titled 'Mother Cheaton'. Please help, I have literally done everything that I have been able to reserach and am still unable to 'fix' this problem. P.S. I am sorta new using Apple products and iTunes, when explaining please give detailed instructions. Thanks in advance for all help!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 1.x, iTunes version 11.0.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 7:30 PM

5 replies

Jul 25, 2013 6:21 AM in response to Zane W

Thanks Zane for your one and only reply! Unfortunately, as you can see under the third screenshot down, the drop down menu is from the gear box and does not have the burn to playlist option. I am so disappointed with the lack of this option, especially since it seems that everyone else can use this function.

Just for the sake of mentioning, I did re-download iTunes to repair any possible issues with the particular/most recent version of iTunes.

Thanks again, Zane!

Mar 8, 2015 10:08 AM in response to NickSantangelo

NickSantangelo wrote:

Same here. No option under the gear wheel. I have 12.1.

Nick, In the screenshot posted above in 2013, Jen is looking at the playlist in her Device, not in her iTunes library, so of course there is no burn option. Is that what you are seeing too?

In iTunes, if you are in a playlist in your iTunes library (not a playlist folder, and not your overall Music library) the Burn option can be access 3 ways: from the gear icon, from the File menu, and from the contextual menu obtained by right-clicking the playlist name.

'Burn Playlist to Disc' option not available iTunes 11.0.4.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.