Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop & Screensaver frozen

Hi,

Everytime i open the desktop & screensaver button, it keeps loading a while then becomes frozen. I can't click into the system perference anymore and I can't change anything of the desktop or screensaver. However, other applications are all running normal. Help!!!

Thanks

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 10:58 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

That's a problem with the Desktop settings file, so you have to delete it. First, open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and restart.

After restarting, OS X will create a new Desktop settings file and you will be able to open the Desktop and Screen Saver preference pane without any problem. This is caused because of a corrupted settings file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2013 10:58 PM in response to Community User

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

That's a problem with the Desktop settings file, so you have to delete it. First, open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and restart.

After restarting, OS X will create a new Desktop settings file and you will be able to open the Desktop and Screen Saver preference pane without any problem. This is caused because of a corrupted settings file

Desktop & Screensaver frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.