Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applescript to send messages to group of persons

Hi guys,

In the iMessage UI,we can send a message to several persons at a same time bye adding theiry ID in the

"To"dialog box, iMessage will create a new conversation with this several persons,which is called group

message.

My question is ,how can we manage to do this by using Applescript ? I have tried to use the sentence like

"send "msg" to buddy "A,B..." " which is worked while sending message to an idividual person,but it didn't work.

Is there any way to do this ?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 20, 2013 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 5:20 AM

It appears you can only send a message to one buddy.

You could invite a list of buddy's to a chat. The list would be in the form, {buddy1, buddy2,..., buddyN}

6 replies

Jul 24, 2013 10:17 AM in response to Barney-15E

having a new question , how can we read the message sent status by applescript ? after my sending out message is read ,it retuns some infomation like "Message is sent" or "is read" ,can we read out this informtion by applescript ?

second question is ,wether can we open the chat.db and chat.db-shm in folder ~/Library/Messages ,i guess that someting about the chat is kept inside those files,is there any way to read these two file ?

Thanks a lot

Jul 24, 2013 4:31 PM in response to JH Nong

The .db file may be a Sqlite3 database, but I'm not sure. Do you know SQL?

Those messages would only be intercepted by a handler. You set the Alerts to run an Applescript when a message is Sent (or whatever you want to intercept).

Writing those handlers is not something I have experimented with. I would suggest the Mac OS Technologies forum or MacScripter.net.

Applescript to send messages to group of persons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.