Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture app not opening

I'm not able to open aperture app on my macbook pro after upgrading to mountain lion.. When I try to open it, it askes for serial number, however, when it rejects it. Please advice. I have aperture 2.1.4. Please advice. I'm desperate..

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 6:04 AM

7 replies

Jul 21, 2013 6:18 AM in response to lost_in_aperture

when it rejects it. Please advice. I have aperture 2.1.4. Please advice.

Is your Aperture 2 an upgrade from Aperture 1? Then you will need to enter the Aperture 1 serial number as well.

Make sure, you enter the serial number from an administrator account.

And check, if you read all letters correctly, some letters like "1" and "I", or "O" and "0" can easily be confused.

See these support articles:

Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers

Pro Application Replacement Serial Numbers

You may still have an old file "ProAppsSystemID" in your System Library, that cannot be replaced:

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture will write this file to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see ProAppsSystemID there, move it to its proper location in /Library/Application Support/ProApps.

Aperture must be running, and you will have to wait a few minutes to be seeing the file appearing the /tmp directory.

Regards

Léonie

Jul 21, 2013 6:26 AM in response to lost_in_aperture

? Could it affect my library? j

Aperture 2 und 3 libraries differ considerably. The upgrade will have to rebuild your Aperture libray to upgrade it for Aperture 3.

See the Release Notes: and scroll down to "a note on upgrading ...".

It is strongly recommended to run the First Aid Tools to rebuild your Aperture library before upgrading to Aperture 3. So try to solve the serial number problem before upgrading. It would be safer.

Jul 21, 2013 6:43 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Thank you very much. If i purchese the upgrade online, would it be possible to run in on two laptops? If so, how do i proceed to install it on the other laptop. Also, is the time machine backup enough? Im not sure, whether the backup is going to work with Apperture not running.. Im sorry, if those questions seem really stupid..

j

Jul 21, 2013 6:59 AM in response to lost_in_aperture

When you buy the upgrade from the App Store, you will see it in the "Purchased" tab of the App Store, when you sign in with the Apple ID you used to buy it. You can simply download it on all compatible Apple Computers you own or control. The licence does not restrict the number of installations, as long as it is for private purposes.

See the Tech Specs to see, if your Macs are compatible: http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/

aperture app not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.