Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Time Machine to revert back to an earlier version of Java? If so, what exactly do I look for in the Time Machine history? My problem: The latest Java update has created a strange problem. I am still able to run my Java-requiring web site, BU

Can I use Time Machine to revert back to an earlier version of Java? If so, what exactly do I look for in the Time Machine history?

My problem: The latest Java update has created a strange problem. I am still able to run my Java-requiring web site, BUT the desktop version of my site will not run. In fact, on my two computers which have the Java update, the same thing occurs. BUT, on my oldest laptop, which does NOT have the Java update, everything works as before. The consequence of this--I cannot now upgrade my site after testing the changes first on my desktop versions. (I hope I don't have to use my old laptop, because it's now relegated to use for only iTunes.)

I've read that one can use Terminal to improve the latest Java release, but I'm afraid of Terminal (for I make too many typing errors.)

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, so would appreciate so much any help!

Thanks!

Alinde

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Run the Software Update again as I think Apple issued the new patch for the patch for the latet Java 6.

6 replies

Jul 21, 2013 11:37 AM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Thanks, I just might do that. But let me try to clarify--the WEBSITE works fine! It's the desktop version of same on my Mac which does not work. (Unfortunately, I've not been able to find out the technical term for such a desktop version--it's a desktop clone, sort of, which enables people to view their site, work on it and such without actually uploading changes.)

The website host has heretofore instructed me to always clear the Safari cache before switching to my desktop version, or back to the actual web site. I've done that quite religiously.

But thanks, I guess I'll ask them more directly.

Alinde

Can I use Time Machine to revert back to an earlier version of Java? If so, what exactly do I look for in the Time Machine history? My problem: The latest Java update has created a strange problem. I am still able to run my Java-requiring web site, BU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.