Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the image screen control in MainStage?

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering how to creat an image screen control in Mainstage 3. I used those to import images of my music, for example a sample bass line that shown with a particular patch. It was very helpful.

I just got Mainstage 3 and can't figure out how to do this what I just discribed above. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:23 AM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2014 1:19 AM in response to TGMusic

Took me forever to find out how to resolve this.

Create the background panel in Layout. Go back to Edit and for each scene in Workspace, click on the panel, select custom>image etc. Like you, I was trying to do it on the Layout page rather than on the Edit>Workspace page.

I use a Mac Mini with an iPad as the GUI. If I had found this earlier I could have saved many hours configuring Set List Maker and importing all my jpegs into it and assigning program numbers etc. Now my charts are displayed in Mainstage I simply use Splashtop via WAN to drive everything from the iPad (with a headless dummy monitor dongle in the HDMI port).

What happened to the image screen control in MainStage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.