Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best drivers for Windows 8 on MBP, and where to get them?

I'm running Windows 8 on a MacBook Pro, and recently, adjusting brightness became impossible. The brightness function keys on F1 and F2 do not work anymore, and brightness sliders in the side panel and in control panel have no effect on the screen's brightness. I've looked online, and a lot of websites suggest this is an issue with drivers. Another issue I've been having that is slightly more troublesome is that when I close my computer, and open it a couple hours later, the computer is still warm. In control panel, I double checked that closing the lid makes the computer go on sleep, but the problem persists. Even if I choose the "sleep" option under "power" in the side panel, my computer will remain warm. This has never happened to me, and I feel its damaging my computer.

I tried scanning for drivers on the NVIDIA website (I currently have one of their drivers) and there is an update for it, which addresses both the issues I've been having, but it wouldn't let me update/reinstall because it said something about requiring drivers from the hardware manufacturer, but obviously I cannot get a driver from my hardware manufacturer, since its Apple.

What's a good brand for updated drivers (mainly for gaming, editing videos/pictures, etc.) for Windows 8 on MBP? Or is there any other way to fix the issues I've been having?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Windows 8

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 9:29 AM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2013 9:45 AM in response to axgema

I did everything Boot Camp instructions told me, downloaded the Windows Support on a flash drive, and installed it on Windows once it finished installing. It's worked before, but now it doesn't.

I do have both Windows 8 and OSX installed at the moment, and I do sometimes switch from one to the other.

Best drivers for Windows 8 on MBP, and where to get them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.