Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork iCloud sync not working on just iMac

I have been using iCloud document and data syncing very happily across iPad, iPhone5, MacBook Pro and iMac for months.

Then I needed to move a number of iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) from iCloud to a local server. I did this by copying them to my server, then deleting the originals from iCloud, using my MacBook Pro (10.8.4).

I now have a smaller number of Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents created/modified on various devices that remain on iCloud - and which are accessible from all of them.....except from my desktop iMac (10.8.4).

In (for example) Pages, this continues to display a list of all the documents that were there, as well as all of those that remain - but with a blank (and non-moving) progress bar and will allow me to view none of them.

I have read various threads, and done the obvious turn off/on documents and data syncing in iCloud preferences to no effect. I have only one account syncing documents and data.

Can anyone offer any clues?!

Many thanks.

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 1:25 PM

7 replies

Jul 25, 2013 12:38 PM in response to J90JGD

Hmm.

So I just got this email:

Hello there,

We have heard about your issue from the discussion thread below:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5184300?tstart=0

We would like to know if you would be able to provide the following:

- UserID for account

- Are you signed into iCloud from all devices with the same UserID?

- Filenames of documents with issues

- OS versions for desktop and iOS devices

- Version of iWork apps

- Were there recent OS or app upgrades installed?

- Were both the iOS and OS X apps updated when this occurred?

- On each device, do you have multiple iCloud accounts setup for Mail, Contacts & Calendars?

- Under Settings > iCloud - Is Documents & Data set to On?

- If you go to the website www.icloud.com, are you able to download your documents?

Thank you,

The iWork Team

Would 'the iWork' team, if such a thing exists, ask for this level of personal data (userID, document names) in an email?!

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but something's not right here.....

Jul 25, 2013 1:22 PM in response to Csound1

Thanks very much for your help.

No arrow next to the address but I looked a the raw source data of the email header and find this:

Return-path: <iwork@apple.com>

Received: from nk11p00mm-bulkin004.mac.com ([17.158.163.249])

by ms05573.mac.com

(Oracle Communications Messaging Server 7u4-27.07(7.0.4.27.6) 64bit (built Jun

21 2013)) with ESMTP id <0MQI00LNVBFEAYF0@ms05573.mac.com>

Does this tell you anything useful?

Jul 25, 2013 2:00 PM in response to J90JGD

Here is one result for that email address:

User uploaded file

The best way to check is to click on full or complete header in your email client - that will result in many strangs of letters/numbers, but somewhere it'll reveal a real address, possibly with a foreign country (such as .ru for Russia). If Apple wants more info on a seed/test project, they will send an email asking you to sign into your developer or seed account and look for their message there; they will not ask for such extensive info in an email. Your email address could have been hacked, stolen from a friend's address books, or whatever.

Jul 25, 2013 2:00 PM in response to J90JGD

If you have never publically listed your email address in your profile here and the ema

il was to the one you use to sign in here it may be legitimate as how else would you get the email.

It is quite possible to have a different ID here to your icloud appleID so that may be why they are asking for the icloud username.

If in doubt, send feedback for the relevant apps via:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

they don't usually reply so include relevant info.

Or go to support via:

https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

for iwork and they may be able to clarify the issue or determine if the email is genuine.

AC

iWork iCloud sync not working on just iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.