Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th Gen iPod Classic was unplugged during sync, now it pops up in Windows Explorer, but not iTunes. How can I fix this?

Okay.

I have a Windows 7 x32 OS, and an 80gb Silver 7th Gen iPod Classic.

So, I bought an iPod used off of eBay and I recently decided that 80gb was a bit too much, so I was going to resell it on eBay and buy a smaller iPod.

While I was restoring it to set it back to factory settings, my computer shut off due to a power problem.

Now when I plug it in, I get a message from windows saying "You need to format the disk in drive :M before you can use it. Do you want to format it?"

It shows up in windows explorer as a Removable Disk, and it isn't being detected by iTunes. I plug it in the iPod says "Connected. Eject before disconnecting." with a symbol that it makes when it is syncing.

I've tried putting it in disk mode, and it still will not detect it.

Can somebody help me? I really don't want to be stuck with a broken iPod.

If anyone needs or wants any more information before they can advise, please feel free to tell me what you need to know and I will post it!

Thanks, and have a blessed day. 🙂

iPod classic, Need help fast!!

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 12:08 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2013 11:03 AM in response to b0nvivant

Hello b0nvivant,

Thank you for providing so much information about the iPod issue you are experiencing. I found an article with steps to take when your iPod is recognized in Windows Explorer but not in iTunes:

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

7th Gen iPod Classic was unplugged during sync, now it pops up in Windows Explorer, but not iTunes. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.