Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2012 13" Macbook Pro Windows 7 Professional 32bit, which Boot Camp Drivers?

Hi,

I've managed to partition my Hard drive, assigning 100GB to the Windows Partition. I've installed Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit SP1 and have managed to install MS Office 2007 (I've not installed any other updates as I can't connect to the internet over wireless yet as I've not installed the drivers).

I've downloaded three sets of of Boot Camp Drivers and have been unable to get any to work. The ones I've downloaded are:

Boot Camp Support Software 5.0.5033

Boot Camp Support Software 4.0.4033

Boot Camp Support Software 4.1.4586

I now understand that v5 is the wrong version to use, however for both of the "version 4's", it is telling me that they are incompatible with this version of Windows... So I am very confused... I've unzipped the archives and have tried to run the set-up (and even tried the individual drivers)...

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? I don't know which drivers I should be installing?

Thanks,

Alex

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Boot Camp Drivers

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 2:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2013 2:27 PM in response to 1SoulHunter1

I've managed to solve it! Basically, it all came down to installing the "correct" package. I had foolishly assumed that the highest version number would support all the latest product.... However in the end I had to install this package:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1635

Basically, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page (I assumed all the pages were the same as they have the same introductions), and open up the "system requirements" tab and check to see if your machine is on that list. Once you've found one with your machine, download and run that. Remember to extract the folder from the zipped archive first. It won't run if it's "still within the archive"...

Cheers,

Mid 2012 13" Macbook Pro Windows 7 Professional 32bit, which Boot Camp Drivers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.